Because there is more to profitability than just revenue.
FAQs about Your CFO Solutions Services
1. Do you do bookkeeping? Yes. Perfect Additions is the bookkeeping arm of our company. Perfect Additions can be part of, or the entire bookkeeping department, for YOUR company.
2. I have a CPA…do I need a controller or CFO, too? Yes. A CFO or Controller's focus is on operational and management accounting. Often the external CPA’s focus is on the preparation of Income Tax returns. CFOs and Controllers interact with management routinely throughout the month. Many times companies only visit with their CPAs at the end of the year.
3. Can you do everything my CPA does? We do offer income tax planning and preparation services. However, if you are happy with your current CPA, you can use our CFO and Controller services without interrupting your current relationships.
4. Why do companies outsource their CFO and Controller functions? Businesses outsource their controller services so that business owners/managers can make better use of their time to make effective business decisions. Click here to learn some of the many reasons companies choose to outsource these functions.
5. Who would outsource their CFO and Controller functions? Not all businesses need, or can afford, a full-time CFO or Controller for their business. But wouldn’t it be great if you could have that resource without the large cost?
6. What software systems do you use? Whatever system you are currently using! We do not require any new system to be bought or converted to. However, Your CFO Solutions can assist in that process if a new system is needed.
7. Do I have to use an online system? No, you do not. Your CFO Solutions' work is done primarily at your premises, reducing the need to access your data remotely or online.
8. Do I have to be on QuickBooks? No. Your CFO Solutions has used over 20 different computer software programs. Some industry specific software do a better job of managing your day-to-day operations than QuickBooks will.
9. Can you help me choose which software systems I need? Yes! Many small businesses find that QuickBooks is a sufficient system for their accounting needs. However, it is not always the best fit for both the accounting and operational side of a business. Your CFO Solutions will work with your management team to find the best solution to meet all of your accounting and operational needs.
10. Can you help me with my inventory? Yes, Your CFO Solutions has over a decade of experience with inventory management support.
11. What can you do with my inventory? Your CFO Solutions can help with your inventory control. Inventory control is a set of policies and operating procedures that are designed to maximize a company's use of inventory, so that it generates the maximum profit from the least amount of inventory investment without intruding upon customer satisfaction levels.
12. How can you tell if my business is doing well? Each entrepreneur is different in how they define “doing well.” Your CFO Solutions will work with your accounting and operations teams to establish appropriate Benchmarks, Key Results Indicators, and Key Performance Indicators to ensure that the applicable measures are being used for your specific business needs. Furthermore, Your CFO Solutions employs a proprietary system for gathering and comparing industry specific data.
13. Can you compare my results to other businesses in my industry? Yes, Your CFO Solutions has tools available to us that will provide information as to what other businesses in your industry are doing.
14. What is a dashboard? A business dashboard is a business management tool used to visually depict the performance of a business or specific department. Business dashboards summarize complex information using visual aids such as gauges, charts and other indicators to inform end-users of the current status of their business’s performance.
15. Do you provide dashboards? Yes, Your CFO Solutions can provide a variety of business dashboards customized for your specific needs.
16. What industries do you work in? Your CFO Solutions has worked with companies from several different industries, including manufacturing, financial services, real estate, trade services, and retail sales. We specialize in the manufacturing industry.
17. Can you work with manufacturers? Absolutely! Your CFO Solutions has nearly two decades of experience in a manufacturing environment, and loves helping businesses with inventory challenges.
18. Can you help me set up internal controls? Yes. We will assess your internal control systems to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of your operating procedures. Then we will make recommendations that help your company become stronger and more profitable by correcting any inefficient or ineffective operating procedures we find.
19. Can you help me hire my accounting staff? Yes. Your CFO Solutions can assist in screening candidates through online assessment exams. This will help you narrow the field to the most qualified candidates. While the final decision rests with company management, Your CFO Solutions will be happy to assist with the interview process.
While you are looking for that perfect staff person, we will be happy to fill that gap.
20. Can you supervise my accounting staff? Yes. Your CFO Solutions can be your accounting lead over your existing accounting staff.
21. How often would you come to my office? Your CFO Solutions offers four service packages to choose from. For more information about our service packages, click here: Services.
22. Do I need to provide an office for you? The majority of our work is performed on site. The ideal situation would involve having a separate office for the controller function. However, if this is not available Your CFO Solution will work with what you have.
23. How long have you been doing this? Michele Ball, owner of Your CFO Solutions, has over two decades of accounting and operations experience. Karen Johnson has been in the accounting and business coaching fields for over three decades.
24. What CPA do you recommend? All CPAs are not created equal. Different CPAs have different specialties and levels of expertise. Your CFO Solutions has worked with several CPAs. Our recommendation will be based on our assessment of your needs.
Improving the Quality of Information for Decision Makers!
Your CFO Solutions, P.O. Box 337, Benton, LA 71006